We don’t have endless hours to throw away, so if the end goal is to build generational wealth, we have to be strategic about using this limited resource.
Tremaine’s 3 Step Get Wealthy Eventually Plan
- Set boundaries and say no. You need to reserve your time for things that matter. You can’t do everything for everyone else all the time. It is OK to be selfish sometimes. Every waking moment doesn’t have to be dedicated to getting a check, but it should fulfill you somehow. Cut out the stuff that drains you. Don’t waste time, and don’t let other people waste your time. Time is the only thing you can’t get back.
- Hop on the passive income wave now. You need to start making money without clocking in. There will come a point in your life where you will not feel like working (perhaps that day has already come…), or you will not be physically able. Take care of your future self. There are a ton of ways to make it happen. Check here to see a beginner list and get started now.
- Set goals that will help you attain wealth. Do this by creating a budget that aligns with those goals. Ignore people telling you that you don’t need to budget. YES, you do. Multi-billion dollar corporations follow a budget. What makes you think that you don’t need one? It doesn’t make you broke. It makes you smart.
At the moment, I’m still not as wealthy as I plan to be, but I’m on track to retire by 35. I followed these steps to bring me closer to that goal.
- I say NO, often. If you know me in real life, you know I live by a schedule. If it doesn’t align, I don’t have time. #sorrynotsorry
- I have a passive income. It is a great feeling to see direct deposit notifications after waking up from a nap! My only regret is not starting sooner.
- My goals are etched into my brain. I write them every morning. I can recite them for you with the deadlines for the next 15 years. I’ll be retired by 35. How do I know? I am following a plan that tells me so! (And I pray a whole lot)
*If you are looking for someone to get you on your game for 2021, book a discovery call!